PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow cpl sponsorship scheme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2002, 18:07
Bunnion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristow CPL scheme

Doylie,

Count yourself very lucky and go for it 100%. I spent a couple of years working terrible jobs to get the cash to go and train in the US at HAI. Its an excellent school as proven by the fact that so many of the large operators use it and i have no doubt you'll really enjoy it.

As far as the career goes well I am now at it 10 years and while I am pro union and can moan like the best I do occassionally stand back and realise that its the best move I ever made. I work less and get paid twice as much as most of my mates from college. Most of the hardened moaners have never worked at anything else and dont appreciate it. I think things may be on a bit of a downturn at the moment but dont worry its always been that way.... Ups and downs and I have no doubt that it will come again. Might be an idea to get some money together and try to get an FAA CFI while youre there.....that way if you dont get taken on by Bristow right away you might be able to pick up some instructing in the US as an interim untill things pick up back home. I instructed in some dodgy spots in the US had a ball and got some great memories.
Carpe Diem and Enjoy!