PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy worse than Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 11:06
olster

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I always found it amusing during my tenure with the orange mob that somehow they are cuddlier than the Ryans across the Irish Sea.At least with the latter you may have a vague notion that industrial relations were not the priority versus profitability.The orangistas used to invoke,and probably still do the impression that they were more pc,right -on and in the grand tradition of that failed enterprise New Labour one had to be 'orange' which implied 'on message'.I found the whole orange culture rather creepy and cultish and only masked the greed of the managers of that era who mopped up bonuses and shares at a disproportionate amount compared to the pilot community.

I doubt whether that much has changed and in parallel with the rest of the industry there appears to be a concerted effort to drive pilot renumeration towards their favourite comparison,that of the bus driver.Now I do not want to be immodest or unrealistic but the time,effort,study,disruption to circadian rythm and intellect to carry out the job is worth more than that.The voguish,management jibe is that we preside over a set of automatics that essentially fly the aircraft for us.This,as we know is not true as automation/fmc and so on has complicated our tasks in many areas.

My view is that the pilots at easy need to play hard ball to get the results they need.Easy to say from the sidelines I guess.

atb

Last edited by olster; 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:08. Reason: spelling!