PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electrical Engineers - Advice needed
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 09:15
cbennett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Engineers - Advice needed

Hi all,

Im currently in an electrical engineering apprenticeship which involves a day release to a local college. For our college course we are required to spend a year on a project designing an electrical system of some kind. At the end of this year we are required to present our idea and work to our employers in a presentation. I wanted to make my design avaition related as it seems the most logical idea seen as this field i am training to go in to.

The idea i have come up with is an automatic lighting system which illuminates the appropriate aircraft lights depending on the level of light exposed to a LDR; fairly similar to automatic lighting systems used in the automotive industry.

My question is in your experience have you come across this system on an aircraft before?

I have researched this idea and i can't find any information on the internet on similar system's already in place in the aircraft industry. My instructor has also not encountered a similar system. I find it hard to believe such a simple system is not currently used. I am just trying to avoid embarisment by presenting a design to my employers, which is already frequently used.

Thanks in advanced.