PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher floating like a Frog
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 07:04
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't ask me to give my 100% in the FD when I have to worry if my kids are gonna get fed the next month. Sorry to burst Utopian safety bubble but how we are treated has a direct corelation to our performance and your so called inevitability of degrading TnC's will ensure that your happiness is short lived.

I am assuming you still get paid a salary if you have a job and the airlines are not single handedly responsible for the downfall of the global economy. You and the aviation industry are not alone in this boat. But there are ups and downs and cycles and one has to learn to adapt to them.

Sorry about how you feel but in a chosen career if you are employed and drawing a salary then one needs to give 100%............anything less should be treated as pure dereliction especially if so many souls are counting on you.

So therefore if you don't give 100% then it means many more kids having to worry if their parents will come home in the event of an incident because there was one unhappy camper who was unable to separate his personal and his professional life.

As far as maintainence shortcuts same argument applies to the airlines. 100% or stop flying. Enforcement is another issue and financial that is another issue......... it never ends till at least someone gives 100%.