PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2002, 16:36
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Beags, you wouldn't - would you? Nah! I just can't picture you at the ann recep button-holing your MP - much!

Give him hell! My own MP has yet to reply to my e-mail asking him to sign the EDM. I'll give him another week then go for the jugular.

I remember an ann recep where I was in a group hosting our local mayor (so far left wing, he made Michael Foot look like Ghengis Khan!). When asked if he would like another drink, he replied 'Yes, since the taxpayer was paying, he might as well'. The Wg Cdr leading the group, in a very loud voice and in no uncertain terms, pointed out to the civil dignatory that the entire evening was financed personally by all the officers of the base - said Lord M went bright red and left shortly afterwards. He was never seen in the mess again.

Brian, do you have a brief available of the essential facts? The sort of thing a busy MP could skim through in a few minutes and would give him the info to convince him of our cause? I have it in mind to interview him at a constituancy surgery, but I want him to have a skeleton brief first so that he will have a clue as to what we're on about. I can then appraise him in detail of negligence, airmanship and BOI procedures (I've been president of several board and unit inquiries in my time, so I think I can convince him).

And then, as you say Beags, there's the spectre of the next election...