PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets!
Thread: Netjets!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 21:51
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slam Dunk, I'm sure you get the general drift but just to recap:

NJ US: 500 out the door last month.

NJME: Don't even ask.

NJE: 4 year "voluntary" program in force. Details published elsewhere. No recruitment, upgrades or fleet changes for at least that period. That's 4 years in case you missed it. Recruitment staff and some trainers now no longer doing the job as there is no foreseeable requirement for their services. Office staff reduced.

Horrible rumours of redundancies after Christmas.Hopefully that's all they are. Company strenuously denying this, which worries me.

Lots of aircraft in storage. Lots of aircraft disposed of.( entire fleets in some cases) All aircraft for sale for the "right price".

BH announce that they are still behind NJ. This worries me even more.

Redundancies at FSI ( owned by BH) see what I mean?

Management still enjoying all the usual benefits, so we can all breathe easily. I mean what's the world coming to if you can't f**k up and get away with it.

If you have an airline job then stay with it if you can and forget NJ for at least 5 years. Consider yourself extremely fortunate.

If you get laid off then look upon it as a good opportunity to get the hell away from aviation which is rapidly turning into a playground for pimply kids with rich parents and a dock labour scheme for everyone else. You would be better off driving a train, probably better paid and you wouldn't have to suffer airport security or greenpeace blaming you for dead polar bears.

This year was definitely a bad time to give up sniffing glue..

Last edited by northern boy; 2nd Dec 2009 at 22:02.