PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tel Aviv
Thread: Tel Aviv
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2002, 15:49
Capt PPRuNe

Chief PPRuNe Pilot

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think you are working for the same company as I am. I hope to be on the TLV night-stops. I think that whilst you have every right to have some concernes there is no reason to really worry. You have more chance of winning the lottery than being caught up in any of the violence.

Remember Northern Ireland? London? New York? I could count any number of places in the world where there are terrorist acts being carried out. Are you not going to fly to Malaga or Alicante now? Did you move out of London when the IRA were regularly setting off bombs? Most people do not let these things prevent them from getting on with their lives, which is why you are lucky to get flights with night stops.

You have to be realistic. TLV is great for a night stop. Fun and lively place. Very dynamic and I can't wait to get there. Street crime is negligible and I would feel a lot safer walking around TLV than any city here in the UK.

As mentioned in a post above, it is still a lot safer than some places crews have to nightstop such as Lagos. Security in Israel is high and it is a modern and dynamic country. Make the most of it and stop worrying as it should be a fun night stop.