PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 19:56
h&s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low brain revenue management

I was just checking few prices for this summer, and again the same stupid revenue management from Ryanair.

Just an example: Brussels - Milan, out Fri 4th july, return 6th july, evening flights for a short break weekend.

easyJet price: 40€
Ryanair price: 125€

The low brain airline is 3 time more expansive than easyJet!

I also checked many fares in June from London to France - every single scenarios or destinations (EGC, PUF etc), prices are of 120€ return. Is it a joke???

Usually, maximum revenue are obtained by starting with low prices and increase them when approaching the date of the flight isn't it? It looks like this is the opposite for Ryanair! I better understand how they can kill their yields by 20% with such non sense.

Just for fun, I will follow these prices, and I bet you that 2 months before departure, they would be at 10€ all inclusive Two comments then:

- never book Ryanair tickets in advance - usually, best fares are obtained at 1 or 2 months before departure, except for bank holidays & special events

- quite sure if Ryanair is not profitable on these routes, it would be for sure because of the airports: too high costs, not enough marketing support etc and they will again use their favourite sentence: "reduce your charges/increase your marketing support or we leave"!!!

Easy no? you do **** work, but it's not your fault: it's airports that have to offset your incompetence