PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 19:46
mrpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks

It looks like people are quoting my earlier post and applying those quotes to matters that I wasn't referring to.

We do benefit if an operator soaks up some of the surplus unemployed pilots who are willing to work in central and eastern Europe.

I don't know anything about the 1400 euros per month payment. If that is correct then it does sound very low. Someone else mentioned a package worth 60,000 euros which does not sound appalling even if it is not brilliant. If you can earn 60,000 euros and not have to part with cash for a type-rating then surely that is not bad. I appreciate that it may not be a good rate for a highly experienced pilot with many hours on type already but there don't appear to be any hard facts supporting exactly what is on offer at the moment.

In other professions, including accountancy, people are having to accept pay reductions right now. It is not just happening in aviation. It is a terrible time all round. The world is constantly changing in terms of economics.

The cockpit4u offer whereby you pay 21,600 euros (or thereabouts) seems pointless as Wizzair's own offer does not require the pilot to part with cash. There is a bond of 15,000 euros.

I don't support deterioration of pilot terms and conditions but I still think we don't have the full facts to hand just yet. I do know that Wizzair don't require the pilot to part with their own cash. Wizzair wanted to avoid the costs of using agencies....that is how it would appear and that does make good business sense.

Ultimately this is all conjecture until we know exactly what is offered.