PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fATPL to 747-400
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2002, 14:42
NOODY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.

i believe the reason that ba require an atpl for 744 and 777 is to ensure that all members of the crew can operate as pic i.e when skipper is in the bunk. its not an annomaly just a rostering issue. by ensuring that all 744 p2 have atpl's it prevents rostering from having to worry about which fo's fly as heavy crew etc. not a problem for the 757/767 fleet. its got nothing to do with handling, although i agree with your points completey.

flew an fo to new who had only ever flown the 747. went from pik to singapore and ended up at ba. not the norm i know but it happens.

nice to see your branching out into lifestyle and relationship advice now. i'm glad you enjoy flying for your outfit. it's my idea of truckie hell. thats the beauty mate, each to his own. i would suggest however that lots of lh pilots have wifes/husbands and kids that love them and enjoy a quite wonderful family life. i think you would find, if you ever decide to leave your no frills nirvana, that some of the perks of the lh lifestyle are pretty attractive, again each to his own.

i appreciate you are a pretty regular/important? figure here on pp but i think more good/impartial gen and less pontificating might be in order.

noody.

ps. if i was getting a large cheque as a result of being bought over i would be very happy as well.......enjoy.

Last edited by NOODY; 22nd Jun 2002 at 19:04.