PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 09:35
x_secutor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAL Av? clark av? or gen av?

Definitely there will be a bottleneck in getting into PAL after graduating at PAL aviation school. But the advantage of graduating in PAL Av as compared to other aviation school is that graduates get priority in getting hired by PAL. Only PAL graduates get hired as second officers with only 200+ hours. That is a huge bargain than flying in other schools that are cheaper but does not guarantee being hired. PAL hires pilots from general aviation with 1000+ hours in single engine or I think 500+ hours on a twin engine (do correct me if I am wrong) and even with those hours, you’ll have to wait for Pal av graduates to get hired before you get your chance. BUT! if you have a contact from the inside with high power, then you probably would be hired with less hours.

The only flying school that has an edge against pal aviation is clark aviation. But then again, I heard that they have stopped accepting new applicants and only those with sponsorship from cebu pac have a future and others will be left waiting for someone to lend their a320 to get their rating.

Really if you do the math, you will end up spending less money with pal av. Trainees only pay P1500 for accommodation per month. Airlink trainees pay 1500 per day for accommodation + the cost of getting to lubang every week.