PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher floating like a Frog
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 08:51
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wannabee

As an SLF as long as the equipment is well maintained and my travel is incident free, I am just lovin it!
I would advise you to use the search tool on your doo hicky and type sullenberger and watch a few interviews he has given... particularly his deposition to a Senate committee shortly after the 1549 incident.

Your so called love for incident free flying as an SLF will be short lived if you are asking pilots to worry more about impending job losses, salary cuts and repos (where did that come from?)

Tight monetary times mean serial MEL/CDL's compromising airworthiness.... lower salaries which are not justified by the astronomical cost of training will attract people with money to blow rather than a love and aptitude for flying.

To be the best you have to attract the best which in our context means the most able and competent.

Don't ask me to give my 100% in the FD when I have to worry if my kids are gonna get fed the next month. Sorry to burst Utopian safety bubble but how we are treated has a direct corelation to our performance and your so called inevitability of degrading TnC's will ensure that your happiness is short lived.

Aviation is not unique in its cyclical nature.... every industry.... I would say economy goes through its troughs and ridges and you pointing fingers only at aviation is naivete at its worst. Granted if the economy sneezes aviation catches a cold... hence the extent of fluctuations is more pronounced in air transport.

Salaries are direct corelation of supply and demand. If you recall the IT boom and exorbitant salaries IT professionals were pulling, and the subsequent bubble burst where the same 'sob stories' as you so apathetically put it were literally that..... sob stories. Once again not unique to pilots. We have seen severe downturns in the mid nineties.... and one right now. Our memories don't entirely comprise of rising sals/poaching etc etc but stark realities of having spent tens of thousands in training costs and nothing to show for it.