PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 takes off with pilot in pursuit and crashes.
Old 1st Dec 2009, 23:32
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
§ 91.13 Careless or reckless operation.

(a) Aircraft operations for the purpose of air navigation. No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.

(b) Aircraft operations other than for the purpose of air navigation. No person may operate an aircraft, other than for the purpose of air navigation, on any part of the surface of an airport used by aircraft for air commerce (including areas used by those aircraft for receiving or discharging persons or cargo), in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another.
FAA GUY: Sir, you were operating your aircraft in a careless and/or reckless manner.

PILOT: Nuh-uhhh! No way, dude! This is sooooooooo bogus. I was done aviating! I wasn't operating it, Slick. I was shutting down, man...there was no air navigating going on! And what's air navigation, anyway? What kind of bullsh*t is that? Cut me some slack, Jack.

FAA GUY: Errrr....what? SHUT UP! Why I oughtta...I should violate you for incredible stupidity. Oh if only...if only!

He wasn't at an airport. He was out in the middle of nowhere on a deserted island. He's like, 90 years old. If the FAA violates him, that FSDO is seriously underworked.