PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has decided to give up recently, and how much money have you wasted?
Old 1st Dec 2009, 08:37
BusinessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hesitated before posting because this thread seems to have crept somewhat away from the question that was originally asked on this wanabees forum.

However, I agree with much of what's been said and think it's a really important discussion. So, a thought, perhaps contrary to some of the opinions give above:

- granted bank lending is down (and likely to stay down, particulary unsecured) when the pilot employment market turns up again (whenever that is, but it will) I think there will end up being a shortage of quality people who can afford to train via debt. At that point I think tagged schemes will reappear (it's notable they haven't actually fully disappeared yet) and the traditional modular route will become viable again. I'd hazard a guess that this is may be 5 years away though.

I'm well aware this opinion may be a minority one at the moment but though it worth presenting an alternative view. BM