PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has decided to give up recently, and how much money have you wasted?
Old 30th Nov 2009, 20:29
jb5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because you have a big cheque book doesnt mean you will be given the opportunity to fly a jet.
To an extent, I am afraid I have to disagree with you. There are many schemes run nowadays that offer a type rating with one, two, three hundred hours of line flying. The Ryanair scheme in itself has been exposed for offering cadets lots of flying until they move up onto a full salary, at which point lots of standbys suddenly appear on their roster. Fortunately a new cadet that is very cheap has now picked up the stars and stripes from his fallen comrade and soldiers on until he too falters when he becomes too expensive.

Airline selection procedures should be about hiring the BEST possible candidate. I hope you agree with me there.

When you have someone willing to pay to sit in the seat, is the airline going to take the BEST candidate or the one that has met the regulatory minimum but willing to pay?

What do the airline passengers deserve?