PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has decided to give up recently, and how much money have you wasted?
Old 30th Nov 2009, 19:00
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Higher

Well done you, that's a lovely story and I'm sure you are very proud. I don't think you are just probing, I think you are provoking, and you are illiciting a response thereby. I don't see anyone here who has given up, and nobody is kicking each other either (except perhaps you). Those who have lost a job recently are understandably a little dispondent (to say the least, probably).

However we are being realistic about the current problems within our industry and the turn it seems to be taking with regard to experience and its current value. This is not a good thing so do not expect us to say good things about it. The question is how do we fight it, and examining it here is a good place as any to start a discussion on that.

WWW is right, there has been a marked change. I hope, given time, there'll be something of a change back, but perhaps I just don't have the same level of realism as him. Frankly I am not prepared to face that yet.

Meantime, I fail to see how you are helping this discussion, Mr High.