PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2009, 16:31
bmimainline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Colleague

The day has arrived after five years as CEO for me to hand over the reins to Wolfgang Prock-Schauer. This will happen officially at midnight tonight.

I have already said sufficient for you to understand that I am extremely happy with Wolfgang’s appointment. He is the right man to lead the bmi group forward. His experience and knowledge of the way that our main shareholder Lufthansa works will be invaluable to us all as we navigate our way through these turbulent times. I cannot think of a safer and surer pair of hands at the helm, but he will need the backing of everyone and I can assure you he certainly has mine.

As for myself, I am not leaving, just taking on a different role as Deputy Chairman. I will be fighting the corner for bmi wherever the Board and Wolfgang direct me and you can be assured I am still as passionate as ever about bmi and for the future success of the company. We have three great companies with experienced and talented managing directors in Dominic, Stewart and Crawford. All three airlines operate to an extremely high standard within their own markets and deliver excellent service with the highest levels of operational integrity. I am very proud to have been associated with them for the past five years.

On a personal note, I feel I have been very well supported during my time as CEO which, due to unprecedented market circumstances, has probably been our most challenging ever. I would like to thank you all for that support. I could not have asked for a more loyal group of managers and staff and for that I am truly grateful. Last week was a very tough week for us all, but if we battle on through and keep on doing what we do best, together with the extra support Lufthansa is committing to us, then I am very optimistic about the future.

Finally, I will be keeping my mobile phone number (xxxxx) and bmi email address (xxxxxx) and for information my personal email is (xxxxx). I look forward to keeping in contact with as many of you as possible.

In the meantime, please give Wolfgang your full and undivided support and commitment as he takes bmi on the next steps of its long and illustrious history.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Nigel
His total arrogance knows no bounds!