PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malpractices in WPC - RT EXAM
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2009, 16:28
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alouette3,

Shanx,
Thank you. Thank you for characterising me as either 1) Fool (2) Ignorant fool (3) Liar.And what is worse is you don't even know me!!
I understand my posts might have hurt your sentiments some way and I apologize for that.
It was not directed to you nor did I intend to label you under one of those categories.

For your info, I took the WPC test in 1998.
Im sure you'll agree with me that a LOT has changed since 1998. Of course, the WPC babus realized they could make hay while the sun shines much later than the paper pushers in the DGCA.
Anyway, Im only writing what I have seen myself and have been through the last 3 to 4 years.
Not just random word of mouth as is ever prevalent here, but from my own experience and the experiences of several people whom I personally know.

A friend and I got the syallabus,purchased/borrowed books from a library, took advice from those who had done it before (successfully and without bribing anyone, I might add) . Practised ,practised, practised r/t procedures for three months straight.I knew every route and reporting point on the airways in India by the end of that.
Trust me Alt3, my good friends (the ones who could not pass in the first attempt), did the very same thing. Went to coaching classes in Delhi .. then in Mumbai. Studied for hours practicing those RT calls and tried to gather whatever they could to prepare for the viva (part 2).
Yet, in one particular attempt NONE of my 15 friends passed. NOT EVEN PART 1.... and these friends whom I personally know are NOT your spoilt brats burning away rich daddy's money to glory. They are CPL holders with an engineering degree from reputed colleges who have a genuine interest in flying and are not from well off families. They have all taken loans to try and pursue their dreams.
So Im not in any way trying to make sweeping generalizations.

So, before you make sweeping generalizations as you did, stop and consider what has become of your generation that does not believe anything is possible. At some level, I do feel sorry for you and your countrymen.The problem is self sustaining because of folks like you.
Well, Alt3, Im sure you have not lived in India long enough to realise the realities here.
As I said, things have gone from bad to worse in our systems and is now utter chaos.
However, as I myself stated earlier, it is NOT entirely because of this present generation.
It is ACCUMULATED neglect and apathy over DECADES.
Good educated people were too busy with their own lives, left our country and settled elsewhere (brain drain), while a good number of grand parents and parents have not passed on some valuable knowledge and civic sense to their kids.
Hence you see this present generations having a gala time without giving 2 hoots to whats happenning around them to their fellow citizens.
Nobody cares or bothers to even find out how to get registered in the electoral rolls and when election day arrives it is JUST ANOTHER HOLIDAY for them .. or an extended weekend.
So, the problem trickles down.
If only less than 40% people are going to vote and the good people abstain from politics or even from exercising their franchise, then obviously crooks and gangsters and mafias are going to enter politics and get the reins to run this country.
Because of which we would have more corruption, because of which we would have corrupted officers in various departments in our govt., because of which ........ and the show goes on.
As I said ... ACCUMULATED NEGLECT and APATHY.

And, as a point of information, I know countless people who did not pay a dime and passed the exam. I also know people who made the "pilgrimage" to the various centres and finally passed in the final 6th or 7th attempt but did not pay anybody.
Totally agreed.

But an important question here is WHY SHOULD GENUINELY HARD WORKING CANDIDATES MAKE THOSE "PILGRIMAGES" AND PASS AFTER 6 or 7 attempts ??
I ALSO know a lot of people who passed WITHOUT preparing for the exams or with half hearted preparations. They simply went to the exam center just because it was held in the city they reside in, and to catch up with friends and they passed !
(No money paid)
My point is not about paying bribes or not ... simply put .. if someone clears RTR exam in the first attempt in these years, it is EXTREMELY difficult to say for sure if it is because of his hard work, bribes or sheer luck. (and the other reasons mentioned earlier).

Sorry, my young friend, aviation still is a demanding mistress and you can buy your way into a cockpit only upto a certain point.If you and your generation can't get that then DGCA will continue to thrive and there will actually be smoking holes in the ground some day.
I agree it might be a demanding mistress, but are you implying that if someone "buys" an RT licence, there would be smoking holes in the ground ?
Or are you implying that if people "work hard" and pass RT exams in their 12th or 13th attempt without paying bribes, then India would never have any smoking holes ??