PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malpractices in WPC - RT EXAM
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2009, 14:53
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who say that hard work and dedicated preparation are enough to clear the RT exams are either kidding themselves, totally ignorant or outright lying.

Shanx,
Thank you. Thank you for characterising me as either 1) Fool (2) Ignorant fool (3) Liar.And what is worse is you don't even know me!!

For your info, I took the WPC test in 1998. A friend and I got the syallabus,purchased/borrowed books from a library, took advice from those who had done it before (successfully and without bribing anyone, I might add) . Practised ,practised, practised r/t procedures for three months straight.I knew every route and reporting point on the airways in India by the end of that. Signed up for a three day class in Chennai,conducted by a retired WPC officer (Rs 300/-). Realized that the theory part he taught was no good and we ended up teaching some of his students.But he did give us pointers in time management and what to expect in the transmission part of the test.
Went to Chennai and passed the exam in one attempt. Some of the questions were pretty hokey in the viva, but the fact that I knew the principle of the microphone must have impressed the WPC guy.The only expense I incurred were in the purchase of materials,travel and for the class.So, I still say it is possible to work hard and get through the exam.So, before you make sweeping generalizations as you did, stop and consider what has become of your generation that does not believe anything is possible. At some level, I do feel sorry for you and your countrymen.The problem is self sustaining because of folks like you.
And, as a point of information, I know countless people who did not pay a dime and passed the exam. I also know people who made the "pilgrimage" to the various centres and finally passed in the final 6th or 7th attempt but did not pay anybody. And, be grateful that the days when you had to read 6 words per minute in morse to pass thet test are over.I wonder how people identify the navaids these days. Even though, I did not have to do the morse test, I learned it anyway and it payed off because one of the questions asked of me in the viva was how I would identify Trivandrum VOR.
Sorry, my young friend, aviation still is a demanding mistress and you can buy your way into a cockpit only upto a certain point.If you and your generation can't get that then DGCA will continue to thrive and there will actually be smoking holes in the ground some day.
Alt3