PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has decided to give up recently, and how much money have you wasted?
Old 30th Nov 2009, 11:37
Frankly Mr Shankly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't agree more with G-SXTY and Desk-pilot. Similar position, RHS T/P, good experience under the belt now, a few thousand hours, and for the life of me I cannot see how we (TP guys) further our careers from now on. When I got my first commercial airline job on a heavy TP, the "traditional" progression was still alive and well i.e build up good experience on Air Taxi, then TP's, then hopefully a jet fleet if you wish to go that way.

Indeed friends of mine who got into aviation before me have indeed followed this old tried and tested route and are now with the likes of Monarch, Thompson, Thomas Cook, Easy. However within the last relatively few years, I fear we've witnessed the death knell of this tried and tested route. With airlines basically taking on in essence agency staff, on poor T's and C's, I really do wonder where this industry is heading, and rapidly.

Where it leaves guys with good experience on TP's, well, it worries me put it that way.