PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accommodation up north & west
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2009, 11:11
mr_yozzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WannabeQF, mate I always call by phone first. This serves two purposes. 1: You don't waste your time getting all dressed and taking your resume to a company only to find that no one worth talking to is available and 2: Its always a professional courtesy to give the CP a heads up to let them know you plan on coming in.

Once in the door with the CP in front of you, I just go into introduction mode then sell myself. I always ask about the company (have some background info if you can, in case they ask you some questions). Basically I just go into it nice and relaxed, just have a chat about yourself, what you're trying to achieve and most importantly if the conversation takes a turn away from aviation and your future employment, don't be too keen to bring it back, just let it go. I had one CP tell me he hated always talking about aviation and it was nice to talk to someone about other things as well. At the end, I always thank them for their time and end with something like "Look forward to hearing from you..."

Its all pretty basic, just be confident but not cocky and just be a genuine Aussie guy, someone they can see themselves having a beer with on a friday arvo.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by mr_yozzie; 1st Dec 2009 at 13:24.