PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has decided to give up recently, and how much money have you wasted?
Old 30th Nov 2009, 09:46
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or may be you're all posting on a forum complaining because you lack the ambition and determination of those soaring in the skies with a comfortable job.

Just a thought.
And it’s the daftest thought I’ve seen on here for a long time – which is saying something. Are you a working as a commercial pilot High-higher? If not, are you qualified with a CPL or ATPL? If neither (and I’m guessing not, given your post on another thread asking if it’s safe to fly on a 767) then what qualifies you to make that assertion?

My view (RHS turboprop, relatively safe job) is that the industry right now is as bad as it’s ever been, and I’m far from convinced that the worst is over. Ambition and determination are important factors in finding a job (and are pretty much a given, seeing as one needs a fair bit of determination even to qualify), but by far and away the most important factor is timing. If someone is unfortunate enough to be training when the industry falls off a cliff, or unwise enough to start training during a recession, then all the ambition and determination in the world will not be enough to get you a job.

Let alone a ‘comfortable’ one.