PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avient making headlines again
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2009, 08:42
charter man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not missing the point

Foxy2600, your rant about the irrelevance of the country of registration is not well made. Statistically, 50 percent of accidents are caused by pilot error, 25 percent by mechanical failure and the rest by a variety of reasons. The accident rate of African cargo operators is amongst the worst in the world. QED pilots of African registered freighters crash more than most.
This is a rumour network for professional aviators, many of whom are affected by these events and therefore speculation and assumption are it's raison d'etre. There are plenty of places to go and read the factual reports of aircraft crashes if that is what you want to see.
As a resident of "Euroland" I expect the regulators to ensure the safe and lawful operation of aircraft in our skies. I have already stated that the most positive outcome of Halifax was forcing MK to get a G- reg and if Avient wish to continue their operations in Europe I hope the politicos will finally see the light and prohibit their "flag of convenience".
CM