PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2009, 08:29
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 164 Likes on 63 Posts
his3dmw - thanks for clarifying the figures. I was told that there was no sector pay so I'm grateful to find out the truth is significantly better than my fag packet calculations. It seems likely that you didn't finance the whole cost of your training by means of a loan which is not uncommon.

I disagree with you that this forum is providing 'spin' on unfounded facts.

As your posting amply illustrates, any unfounded fact gets quashed by the heavy hand of truth within hours or days here. Furthermore, in a world where CTC marketing are spinning the line that this is an excellent time to sign up ahead of the upturn in 18 months, some counter spin is essential. What you get on these forums is insight and advice from disinterested experts who have many years of experience. This is somewhat unique. It contrasts with the cacophony of marketing noise, ignorance and out of date advice that generally assaults wannabes ears from all angles.

The Flexi Wings contract is better than nothing, is the only game in town for many and I hope it works out for you and your colleagues.