PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 30th Nov 2009, 04:32
stilton

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
DEFPOTEC Hit's the nail on the head.

Rainboe, your post was the most well thought out, rational and reasoned response to 'Based on facts' an obviously very bitter person of indeterminate profession and zero credibility.

It keeps coming down to this 'BOF' if this Captain was such a 'danger' why would anyone agree to another flight with him ?

Perhaps he was not the easiest to get along with, so what , how may bosses are in this world ? He was unquestionably the boss whether you like it or not.

As Rainboe says it would have been very easy to stop this situation from escalating. It would also have been the professional thing to do. The 'offended' flight attendant could easily have talked to the Captain about it AFTER THE FLIGHT and avoided all of this. DO THE JOB FIRST.

What you might be gleaning from this is, like Rainboe, many of us, myself included have seen Cabin Crew behave in the most appalling, unprofessional manner so they don't start out with the benefit of the doubt in this story.

Christ, if I had a dollar for every 'prickly' Captain I flew with in 19 years in the right seat..

Last edited by stilton; 30th Nov 2009 at 05:26.