PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 29th Nov 2009, 22:49
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical rubbish European 'we are all equal here now. I will be really nice to you and I would be grateful if you could do what I ask please! Let's all hold hands now in a group hug before we set off to work!'. Sorry, doesn't cut it with me at all!

Leadership is not 'earned' in order to get the crew to follow you! If the crew don't follow, they won't get paid for long! The crew are there to do their job under the guidance and leadership of the local manager (in this case the captain). 'Shape up or ship out' is the expression!

'No CRM managed from the captain to his crew'? Have you read this thread? How much CRM did the crew supply to their captain throughout the flight? Yes- funny, isn't it? CRM actually works both ways, but as I said according to many cabin crew, CRM can mean to them 'don't ask me to do anything when I am busy or tired!'.

Since the captain was guilty of all your points, how come he was OK to operate the last sector, then have the whole crew screaming like a herd of monkeys that he was 'guilty', but not at MIA, but at ORD? Don't you think that is peculiar?

A shameful episode for all concerned. One man's long career is apparently terminated, a cabin crew exulting that they have forced out an unpopular character....and we are supposed to accept they 'won'? Sick. Where was the level headed person who could defuse a situation? Not anywhere on board United that night!