PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was this a mistake?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2009, 20:02
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And if the management can save 20.000 Euros by employing a type-rated or self funded pilot, most chief pilots/postholders will have to do what their management wants them to. I know that you have the guts to risk your own job defending your principles, but others have a mortgage to pay and children at school - so principles will come second place.
Max, I know it. Still - IF we all continue with a shrug and a well, to hell with it, I just need a job - then we are indeed doomed. It might start with the low hour guys and we, the older generation, can just say its not us. But we are next. There is always someone cheaper lurking around the corner.
There are way to many people with a gumstick as a backbone substitute in leading positions, that just try to save their sorry ass. All the while they do nothing else than making their own standing lower and lower.
The children/mortgage thing is a understandable position, but you are not flying for 950 quid plus taking a T/R - if youīd do that, I donīt see how you`d pay the mortgage.

I guess we are already beyond the point of no return, however Iīll stick to my principles and just hope others do it as well...and if I couldnīt earn a life in flying, I would do something different.