PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avient making headlines again
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2009, 18:57
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foxy 2600

You joined Prune in 2005.

I appreciate what you're saying, but asking for what you are is a little naive on this forum. It's what people DO. Every single accident posted here, gets a chorus of theories about causes - in bad taste or not.

You've only to listen to people discussing a football match to know that's what humans do - all the time. Now you'll want to say (quite reasonably) 'but this is different - people have died' - and you'd be right, people have. But will it make any difference to those who 'must' propose their theory, or those that hate the company for reasons various? I doubt it.

There are quite a few people on this particular thread who have personal experience with the company and AS - the comment about 10 years safe flying rather rankled with me - if you only knew (perhaps you DO know, because I don't know WHO I'm talking to). Some of the 'stories' (I am aware of the law) would make your toes curl.

Personally, I am very sorry for those involved, especially for their next of kin and the genuine guys and girls working for the company, it's a tragedy for all concerned.

I really, really hope that insurance is in place, rather than 'It's OK, Andrew will look after you'. He can only DO that IF, he has the means and if he wants to.

What happens if he doesn't want to defies imagination (IF that regime is still in force).

As for the cause of the accident, I would say it's pretty irrelevant just at the moment - that'll be established later. You cannot reasonably expect people in this business not to theorise, however right and noble your reasons.