PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck visits
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2009, 17:41
Strange Frontier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravesbaseball

I normally just lurk, but I've read enough of this crap from Americans here and on other forums to stay quiet any longer.

September 11 was allowed to happen because of your own lax security at airports that allowed those idiots to get onto the planes with boxcutters in the first place, yet you now want to cry about it to the rest of the world and want to force others to adopt policies because of something that was your own doing.

Good heavens, in 2000 I wasn't even allowed to fly with a glue gun (yes, a hot glue gun that works with 220V electricity and melts solid glue sticks) in my hand luggage on a flight from Johannesburg to Dar Es Salaam on an SAA flight. When the bag went through the X-ray machine I was asked to open it and once I showed the contents to the security personnel the whole bag was taken from me and was hand delivered back to me once in the customs queue at Dar Es Salaam.

For the record, all the bag contained apart from the glue gun was some RJ45 network connectors, wall mount boxes and my RJ45 crimping tool. I was on my way to go install a computer network at the offices of a forestry company.

Yes, folks. Before 9/11, in an African country, I was not allowed to take a glue gun on the plane as hand luggage, yet the Americans allowed Muslim terrorists to board American planes on American soil with potentially lethal weapons on their person, after being taught to fly at American flight schools, with the CIA ignoring intel of a possible terrorist attack using planes as weapons, thereby allowing 9/11 to happen, yet now they are quick to try to force other countries to adapt to their will.

We in other countires must now suffer the consequences of their stupidity.

Before 9/11 cockpit visits in-flight on SAA was apparently very possible, but thanks to you, that is now strictly out of the question.

You Americans made life just a little less pleasant for the rest of us, so don't expect any sympathy from me for something that you brought on yourselves.