PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was this a mistake?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2009, 16:04
punk666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learjet,

About making a list of the companies who treat pilots like crap. It reminds me of what my old man told me the other week regarding engineers.

He is part of a union bit like AOPA but for engineers and he recently got the new newsletter and it had an article about boycotting this one particular agency because they are hiring eastern block engineers who will work for absolutely nothing putting experienced engineers out of work or making them work for less pay...so your idea of listing these companies can work!

But for someone who has little experience in the aviation market and the requirements these airline put down i.e "1500TT, 500 hours on type" someone who has just finished training will not stand a chance at all getting employement, so taking the offer that was stated above would be good for someone with no kids, no house or debts to pay because it gets you through the door and you just have to put up with it for a year or so till the market picks back up, then you will have experience that you didnt have before.

There's a global recession going on, companies can just stay a float let alone pay good wages and paying for a TR left right and center for pilots.

You can do two of the following things:

1. Sit around and hope things get better, and get rusty because your not flying.

2. Just accept them terms to get your foot through the door (assuming your new to the industry with no experience), wait it out for a year or so till things pick up and do some flying at the same time gaining some experience and hours on a jet.

I know which one I would pick!

But saying that, It doesn't mean I agree with the terms above, its more of just saying what alot of new pilots are thinking on the other side of the fence.

Last edited by punk666; 29th Nov 2009 at 20:32.