PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 29th Nov 2009, 02:39
cessnapuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cross examination.. - verdict?

Originally Posted by based on some Facts but not the 'truth'
He complained that the capt. made he and other First Officer call him, "Sir" or "Capt." for their 4 day trip and he made their trip miserable. At United this is VERY odd. We are a very friendly airline and usually have very good relations between ALL crew members

1. The purser was in back of aircraft for a short period of time.

2/During that time capt. called for "Crew Decs."

i.Gen Decs had already been completed and given to capt. immediately after take off
3. Purser returned to the First Class cabin and was given the message that capt. wanted Crew Decs.

4. She called capt. and asked if she could bring them up in 10 minutes when she was to bring up their meals.
i. He literally yelled he wanted them now!!! She said, "ok."

5.She was in the process of retrieving them when her phone rang. She answered and the captain was now screaming that he wanted the Crew Decs NOW!! He was loud enough that others heard him through the closed door. (There are witnesses)

i.She answered, "I'm getting them, I'm right here." She slid them under the door, as is a common practice, as she didn't have anyone there to open the door, per regulations.
Some discrepancies in your testimony

At 2.1 you state the following
2i.Gen Decs had already been completed and given to capt. immediately after take off

However later you state:
3. Purser returned to the First Class cabin and was given the message that capt. wanted Crew Decs.

4. She called capt. and asked if she could bring them up in 10 minutes when she was to bring up their meals.
i. He literally yelled he wanted them now!!! She said, "ok."

What really happened?

I also note, according to the transcript, she addressed him with "Ok" as opposed to "Ok Sir" (which you previously noted the Captain preferred to be addressed "Sir"-as was his right, according to his station, rank and position)

Your narrative looks very much like that of someone was not even there, to be honest...
Can you give a time span between 3..4 and between 4..5?