PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 28th Nov 2009, 19:24
based on facts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
City Fan, you and your cronies are SUCH entertainment!! I knew that the posting from last pm would produce a hail storm of entertainment and I was so right. The thread had been dead for so long, it sure doesn't take much to get all of the "big, self important men to get so puffed up." Don't worry boys...you're ALL pretty! Thank you for the laughs.

You mentioned several items that I will address as you are off track as usual...

1)You mentioned some blather about missing the first day of CLR...maybe had the captain utilized that valuable tool...he would be flying and not incurring the ire of his colleagues and this whole situation would not have taken place. Guess he must have missed the entire course.

2) NO threat in any way shape or form was made to/about the captain. The rumor of food tampering is just that...rumor. Knowing the Purser, I do know,there is no death wish there. The capt. is flying the ******* plane for God sake...think about it!!

3) No one to my knowledge has EVER said a capt. is not in command. It has been said, and rightfully so, it's the RESPECT that is earned, authority has never been questioned.

4) The Purser was not "returned to service." The Purser never left.

5) No one cares if he walks away with a sizeable amount of money, as a domestic captain said last week..."just as long as he walks away...there is no amount of money you can place on a life."

6) As far as why we, the fellow F/A's did NOT deplane with the Purser?...we were asked by the Purser to remain with the plane and get psgrs. to Chicago as they had already been flying for hours. The Purser seemed to be the only one who cared about the people who pay our salaries. When we said we didn't feeel safe with the capt., the Purser said, of course we could deplane, but if there was any way we could possibly get the plane and passengers to Chicago, please do but our decision would be supported whatever we chose. FYI: if ANY crew member does not feel safe at any point we are free to refuse to fly and there are NO negative repercussions. SAFETY comes first and foremost at United Airlines!

7) The masss majority of our pilots, regradless of seat they occupy, are just amazed that the 2 Frst Officers onboard continued to fly with the captain. They would not have!

So, you see...you need to get your facts straight. Yes, these entries have been written with facts AND yes, some emotion esp. after reading from "arm chair" persons that were not there and do not know the facts....just as yourself, little man. Don't fear...I'm sure you're pretty too.