PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 22:03
cessnapuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

The guy's position was being subverted within his company, maybe a whispering campaign (hang over from previous industrial unrest... who knows). -------------- Possibly, but the allegation that he was a scab was refuted on another website--a poster said it was confusion of two names.
True, but in a (deleted) post from BasedOnFacts, the same 'scab' allegation was raised - which points to me that it's not material if he (the captain) was or was not a scab, only that people could have thought and acted as if he was (which we know to be true)
I don't believe things came to a head by chance, it smells of having been engineered. A put up job, designed to allow the captain..
Then it seems, you ultimately agree with me when I say the Gendecs themselves could not have been the trigger for the incident (the pretext perhaps - but not the trigger) Knowing that he is dealing with a shrewish Katherine*, he cunningly asks for some trivial document (the gendecs) at a time less than conducive to her schedule , but legally appropriate for him to request. Her expected 'creative interpretation' of his direct request (and the possible safety implication of sliding a piece of paper under a door - where others could slip and fall by stepping on it) would give him a further justification to give her a stern talking to, her blood already at a boil (and the meal service nigh) her sharpened tongue (already laden with bitter entreaties) would easily let loose a threat - one directly actionable with a response, vs her usual snide, sotto voce derisions aimed at and oft heard only by HIM! This is truly a brain of Machiavellian schemes and cunning! *See Taming of the Shrew I have no doubt we will hear the end of this - we didnt expect CityFan but he arrived unbidden, the truth has a way of finding its way, as they say till then, lets rechew these tidbits like cows (or even worse,like rabbits)