PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 14:51
cessnapuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paranoia don't mean they aint out to get ya!

Because my ex wife was cabin crew I used to hang around a LOT of them. Let me tell you, hearing them discuss pilots they l didn't like made me sure not want to raise their ire! lol Sometimes we tend to forget the power of a woman (who never forgets) surrounded by shrewish mates. I'm not even agreeing with CityFan (whom for all his balanced 'other side' seems to me the vinyl record that has 'BasedonFacts' on the other side Here's some of the stuff thats recounted to me - (truly bizarre passive agressive sh*it) 1. hold a document ever so slightly out of reach. 2. Look to the FO (or anyone else) right after he gave a direction (as if, is it ok to follow that particular order? ok? well all right then, I'll go do it! little things that if you were to report it yourself, you'd look like an incredibly petty fool. Having been in 'Harms Way' and being taken in harms way under leadership of others, I can tell you that 'safety issues' are more than one particular patrol or flight. Perhaps he didnt have to divert - perhaps she WASTNT going to go total 'bat*****" on THIS particular flight. But a bitter corrosive force doesnt cut cleanly, rather it eats away and rots what it comes into contact with. The issue wastnt the 'Gendecs' despite CityFans comments to the contrary. A legitimate, legal order from a PIC is to be followed. Period. 2nd guessing is to be done on the ground. When you run YOUR cabin, and command YOUR staff, you perhaps think it's YOUR airplane, the same way my dog takes ME for a walk! Was the Captain, 'over the top' ? perhaps. But sight unseen, unmet, I am going to trust his judgment. I firmly believe that his action taken is not just to be viewed in the context of this one flight but of future flights not yet taken. If there is a CRM issue a simmering, then he has brought it to a boil - perhaps to force reluctant cooks to look into the pot!