PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 22nd Aug 2009, 02:07
PA-28-180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, as a medic, I totally agree with the above 2 posts regarding the ingestion of Visine, or other eye drops containing these medications and it's effects. Without naming them, there are many different substances that can cause the 'squirts'....but this ain't one of them.

Second, as to why the purser was not held and was quickly flown out of KMIA....as has been previously stated, this is an IN HOUSE issue at UAL - and more importantly, it's a safety of flight issue. Perhaps UAL was trying to KEEP this in house and behind closed doors and LIMIT the amount of PR damage it would cause - not to mention possibly trying to keep the information/evidence surrounding this incident 'sterile' so as to protect BOTH sides of the issue. Unfortunately, the horse had already bolted on the purser side of the story. In many companies I've worked for, releasing confidential information - ESPECIALLY information relating to HR issues - is grounds for immediate termination!

Just my 2 cents!