PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 20th Aug 2009, 04:51
Les Shore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oddly enough, Les, I have always worked for airlines on a contractural basis, renewable...and every one was renewed
Is it possible that these airlines were based in countries without labour standards that are the norm in North America and Europe?

To quote another poster
I've heard of a flight attendant being offloaded at an outstation for failing to properly greet the captain when he boarded 'his' aircraft. It was in the Middle East and egos tend to be ramped up a little there from what I've seen
Ah, for all the bluster, I'm sure you're not all bad 411A. You did say that you wouldn't disrupt cabin service unless you had a darn good reason or something like that. Oh sh$%. FULL CIRCLE.

Cityfan, last question, scout's honour. It has been rumoured that the Captain's demand to have the general dec presented to him in the middle of cabin service was the start of this sorry mess. The questions around what motivated him to do that and make an issue of it (if it's indeed true) are what has sparked a lot of the ensuing discussion. We all know he had to authority to make the request and even ask that they be served on a platter, if he wanted, but it's hard to understand the urgency given that they weren't needed for some time after So, if you can answer this,did a request for the general dec start the whole thing?