PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 19th Aug 2009, 21:29
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't get over the deadly serious 'pious and self righteous' judgements being handed down about the industry in general, and professional crew in particular.......usually I suspect from people who evidently are not in one and know nothing and have no experience of the other! Yes- an anonymous posting criticising the industry is going to have a devastating effect on it (not)!

Let's just let sleeping dogs lie now- there was a discipline problem of some sort, and an experienced Captain dealt with it the way he saw fit, with minimal disruption to his passengers and no effect on safety issues. Really a non-event for United to deal with internally, in whatever way it sees fit. Whatever people accuse me of saying in this thread, I have always called for dispassionate discussion, not the violently prejudiced opinion most people seemed to have before they even read up what little facts have been posted! It doesn't need so many thundering sound-offs here from people delivering instant judgements mainly from a basis of lack of information and inexperience of what is involved. Experience of lobbing grenades at 'Charlie' in 'Nam does not translate well to managing airline crew CRM, though I have to confess there were times when I thought it might be more appropriate.