PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 19th Aug 2009, 17:01
cityfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't hold your breath waiting for UAL to say ANYTHING further about this matter. Now that it has become a union-company issue, and personal behavior is the main thrust of the discussion, it will ALL be done behind closed doors, possibly (hopefully) by the respective unions Professional Standards Committees in concert with the company officials reviewing the case. As such, it will be confidential.

As stated earlier, because a flight attendant got an email out to their peers and the Captain kept the matter in-house (following company protocols regarding safety reporting), only one side of the story got out into the ether. I was merely attempting to provide some context to the "what was his problem?" aftermath, especially given his inability to respond personally. Unfortunately, therein lies the rub, but I can assure you that you have the Captain's side of the tale.

I should have let the thread die a natural death, knowing that some already "get it" and others never will. C'est la vie.