PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 18th Aug 2009, 06:15
cityfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, "rumor" network, indeed. However, since when does "rumor network" mean denigrating fellow professionals in lieu of facts and debasing Captain's exercising their legal authority to maintain command and control over the entire flight operation.

Let me ask you, if the First Officer was refusing to do what the Captain said, and was mounting an insurrection with other crew members, threatening his food and telling him HE was in control of the crew, what would you say THEN?

Forgive my ire, but we finally have a Captain who is willing to go to the mat to MAINTAIN the Captain's Authority too many are willing to give away to crusty, old, "I know better" Flight Attendants, and we hang him on hearsay and say things like "well, silence is telling" and "he is not working and she is, so that tells a story" and other such BS.

All I am asking for is some reasonable respect for a fellow professional. I was hoping that was not too much to ask, especially in a PILOT forum.

Take care.