PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 18th Aug 2009, 03:55
cityfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down How quick we are to bury our own

You Da Man, eh?!

Let's just say (hypothetically, of course!) that (hypothetically) the FAs got an email out quickly and spread it as quickly as possible to get THEIR "version" of the story "out" as the Gospel...regardless of the truth, and BEFORE any company investigation, of course. And, let's say it is company policy to remove CAPTAINS from service ANYTIME there is a flight/safety investigation being conducted and that the FA has ZERO LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY OR AUTHORITY that is being investigated and thus returned to service....BEFORE any findings are finalized. The CAPTAIN, however, might (hypothetically, of course) have LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY under question and thus be REQUIRED to be removed from service until the issue is closed. Maybe, it would have been EXACTLY THE SAME REGARDLESS OF THE EVENT, even something like a high speed abort that caused ZERO aircraft damage.

And say this issue revolved around a purser who refused to accept simple direction, refused to remove herself from the Purser position when directed, was calling the Captain derogatory and inflammatory names to other crew members within earshot of passengers, and just MAYBE she threatened the efficacy of the Captain's meal. Hypothetically, of course.

So, now whatcha all think of him dumping her off at the first USA location?

Also, what if she then proceeded to tell the Captain she was taking ALL the crew off the aircraft with her if he tried to drop her off? And what if the rest of the crew refused to leave with her?

What if the CAPTAIN in question was a multi-decade union stalwart who was recently the VICTIM of company harassment on a completely separate issue. Perhaps, a flight attendant or two knew this and have tried to FURTHER besmirch this outstanding PROFESSIONAL PILOT and YOU LOT have been suckered in by the rumor and innuendo distributed by people who were serving their own self interest and ulterior purposes? ALL hypothetically, of course! (Sounds like a BA "Whisper Campaign" doesn't it?!!!)

So, what now?

I came on here to read some PROFESSIONAL PILOT discussion on issues of the day and maybe find out what was going on with the decimation of this profession across the globe. Imagine my surprise to see some of the absolute drivel written here by SUPPOSED professionals about one of their own.

If this public hanging is any thing to go by, I may have wasted my time looking for "insight" into what goes on elsewhere and may have been mistaken in believing there were professionals on here that would give one of their own the benefit of the doubt/rumor/innuendo. I noticed a few did, and my hat is off to them. The rest, well, tut-tut is about all I can say.