PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 5th Aug 2009, 16:55
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have now been asked not to discuss situation. 'bye
BasedonFacts, you're still not quite getting it. One thing you have not done is 'discuss'. From you we got a hysterical newsbite followed by major character assassination, probably from a desire to strengthen the IFManager's case by demolishing the Captain involved. The fact the IFManager 'is still flying' does not actually say a lot. The Captain was also 'still flying' after the incident, apparently with the endorsement of the crew!

Without accusing or defending anybody, a 'situation' developed on board that escalated out of sensible limits. It is the responsibility of all on board to defuse such occasions, not stand back and watch it develop. Anyone with HF training should be aware such situations don't develop themselves, and are not usually developed by one person without input from others. That is why I said I suspect there is more that has not come out, and a proper investigation is needed. It seems this person carried the added burden of extreme unpopularity and possibly prejudice from other crewmembers. So again, when you point your finger at him, it is pointing 2 ways. Anybody showing extreme unfriendliness or prejudice is helping carry some of the blame for a shameful situation that developed, and it seems to me it cannot just be written off as the unreasonable behaviour of one person. That is why I was so adamant that indeed there was a case to answer. There is also a case to be heard.