PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 26th Jul 2009, 10:20
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would doing what you tell 'em to do include dropping everything to provide you with completed crew decs in the middle of cabin service, early in an 11 hour flight? Then if the combination of security SOP's and lack of available crew meant the decs were pushed under the cockpit door instead of handed to you in person.
Since you asked...so long as I recived the requested documents in a reasonable period of time, it would make absolutely no difference to me whatsoever how they were delivered...under the door would be quite satisfactory.
However...you should realise that my particular situation is quite different than those Captains at UAL.
I do contract seasonal flying now, and the cabin supervisors provided are all ex-Royal Jordanian, with at least 20 years in the business.
The rest of the CC are generally quite young and inexperienced, and require constant supervision by the cabin supervisor, to ensure that our 362 passengers are served in a reasonable manner, without the cabin being thrown into a constant state of chaos.
So, if I needed a certain item, I would have the courtesy to ask at a less busy time, so that the cabin supervisor could do his/her job without undue disruption.
In this way I receive the respect and cooperation I expect, and the CC has my cooperation so that they can do the job for which they were hired in the first place.