PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 26th Jul 2009, 06:35
fullforward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A

Congrats!
Perfect, finally something making sense here.
After 30 years in this industry and watching many bozos using CRM letters to disseminate useless BS, many of us are really fed up on how things degraded today, re captain real roles. Because WE let this happen in first place.

Example: I was commuting on paid ticket on a long haul flight back home, with Continental. I was in uniform and requested the FA permission to salute the guys in the FD, if possible, of course. It was conceded.
I chatted with them for a few minutes and the captain, after finding out I was dispatched in coach, kindly invited me to business (nothing unsual, I always invite fellow captains and pursers that show up properly to business class and receive the same treatment). There was plenty of C empty seats on this particular flight.

I went to my firstly assigned seat, waiting for someone direct me to the new seat. After take off and level off, I nicely asked the purser about the captain invitation.
She rudely answered: yes, but I will not put you in business.

While I was disembarking the captain intercepted me at the door, and visibly embarrassed said: "look were our industry is dragging us all! Next time they will decide on who fly the leg!".

Need to say more?