PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 25th Jul 2009, 20:55
CR2

Top Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damned poor customer service.... Times are tough in this business; inconveniencing pax should be avoided. If the Purser was running around with a machete shouting "Down with (insert your choice)" then fair enough. This was a pissing contest by all that I see reported here.

Of course.... we DO NOT know all of it. But Rainboe, you know that too; I fully understand where you are coming from & largely agree. However.... There is something that doesn't sound right with this entire incident. I will say this though... If it does turn out to be what I suspect (guess, surmise etc), then the Commander needs his head looked at.

As an aside, why did the Capt need to sign the G/D in the first place? The signature box bottom right says "Capt or Authorized Agent". I always signed ours myself (Loadmaster at the time) and distributed them as needed (ok agree small freighter crew is not the herd you pax peeps have to deal with). Strange that. I wouldn't think of bothering the Capt with something so trivial.