PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 25th Jul 2009, 18:56
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,people are entitled to their opinions.Captains have different command styles.Some even call themselves flight managers.I come form the old school;I believe in the chain of command,I loathe political correctness,I believe the job title is pilot not flight manager,I know from experience that both pilots and FAs can be difficult SOB's,but above all I believe in the skipper's duty to his crew,passengers,and his profession.Integrity.You never let a little thing like this disturb you at FL350.Your duty is the safe completion of the flight and care of your crew,passengers and aircraft.If you cant work it out amicably,stand her down and replace her with second most senior FA.Explain calmly why youre doing it and what you will say in the report after landing.Speak with a firm but quiet voice;no need for a shouting match.Heart rate stays at 70 during the whole scenario.IMHO,thats what a good skipper does.Over and out.