PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 25th Jul 2009, 15:36
RatherBeFlying

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
This Captain has a number of F/O who have placed him on their NoFly list
The last multi-national corporation I worked for (with the usual deep-seated inherent institutional foibles) had an annual Employee Satisfaction Survey where questions were asked of your immediate boss' effectiveness, fairness etc. and you were invited to make narrative comments. The survey was returned directly to the survey firm where the responses were anonymised. Any boss with six or more reports saw the anonymised responses. If his subordinates were unhappy, his boss would require him to make a plan to improve in the eyes of his subordinates by the next survey. Bosses with consistently poor survey results did not climb the career ladder.

I have myself been subjected to student surveys when I was teaching. Yes, I could not please everybody and there were some things for me to work on. My management and students saw that I took their concerns seriously.

I would not take it as untoward that a Captain had a small number on FOs on his "No Fly" list as there will be the inevitable personal incompatibilities. When that "No Fly" list gets past a certain percentage, management needs to inquire more deeply.