PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 24th Jul 2009, 07:17
Latearrival

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While it’s true that all the facts of the case aren’t known and there have been ill-informed comments from those outside the industry, some pilots have also questioned the Captain’s actions and said there must have been a more sensible way to handle the situation. (There have been illogical and questionable comments on both sides.) Yes, the Captain should not be pronounced “guilty” at this stage. But what is known has raised questions about management/leadership ability and common-sense—not who has legal authority to make decisions.

Furthermore, the gate swings both ways. Some of the accusations made against Based on Facts are equally unsubstantiated and a rush to judgment. I hope that the facts of the case do come out in a way that is credible. If I am wrong in suspecting that the Captain didn’t handle things appropriately, I will be the first to say I was wrong and hopefully learn from the situation. If it turns out that Based on Facts presented the facts accurately, I doubt that any apologies will come his/her way.

It is also too bad that some of the “dirty laundry” between some pilots and some cabin crew is being aired in public. 411A, judging by the way your fellow pilots react to you on other threads, those who don’t see things your way, are in good company. You often don’t seem to be in sync with others in your industry. Fact.