PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 19:52
chisja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Sad State of Affairs

It's time for you "dinosaur" pilots to come into this century and realize that you do not get respect just because you're in the left seat...YOU MUST EARN IT...just like the rest of us.
based on facts,

Your immature rantings, factual or not, seem back to front to me. Maybe I'm old fashioned but someone who has attained the left hand seat of a large jet transport at a major carrier, has certainly earned my respect. In fact, as a general rule, I respect other people until such time as their behaviour or actions warrant a re-appraisal of my position.

I have no idea whether you are genuine or an internet troll, either way, we have not heard the Captain's side of this story or the Purser's. You appear to have some other axe to grind over and above this particular incident.

BTW, if your account is genuine, why were the papers pushed under the door in the near certain knowledge that the flight crew would probably not notice them. Seems a tad provocative to me.

I think there is far more to this incident than meets the eye. Even if I am completely wrong and the Captain did indeed suffer some major psychotic episode, I don't think it is very professional of you to come on a public forum and attack him in this way. Why not just give your account to UAL in private?