PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 19:04
based on facts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Entry from Based on Facts

This is the last entry I will post on this board. While some of you think I am "lying," I'm not credible or I don't know the whole story...YOU ARE INCORRECT. I am not lying, I am credible and I DO know the WHOLE story...unlike any of you. Wherther you believe me or not...I could care less. I took time to wrute these posts to shed alittle light on a situation that I have info about that NONE of you do.
It is very possible that this capt. had a "break from reality" as THIS WAS NOT PROVOKED by our Purser. She spent most of the flight helping in all 3 cabins and had very limited interaction with the captain. There was no arguement, tensions were not running high and absolutely no predisposing factor to warrant this landing. The Customs Agents were not told the exact nature of the unscheduled landing. They were told that we were landing due to a safety threat and something was happening on the airplane. They were prepared for the worst...they were not sure of what they were walking into. And yes, they asked, if the captain couldn't have found a better solution. In this country (USA) we take this sort of action very seriously and when they realized that the only reason the aircraft landed was because the captain didn't get papers within 30 minutes after take off, that he only needed upon landing and that the our Purser DID give him his Crew Decs. when he asked, they were dumbfounded that he actually landed. They then turned their attention to our Purser and asked if she was alright. In years past this might not have been as big of a deal as it is now. Due to "9/11," our country is always on alert for any suspect activity concerning air travel and the fact that this captain landed for such a lame reason is mind numbing to us all. Had it not been for our Purser the fkight would NOT have continued. We as a crew wanted to walk off with her but she asked us to please continue as someone had to think of the psgrs. The aircraft and psgs. needed to get to ORD. If she was such a threat...why did he wait until 6 hrs. into the flight to land. There are plenty of places, if there had been a real threat, to land...obviously there was not a threat but an ego bloated captain whose medical history puts a question mark in our minds as to whether he might have been on medication or not for pain etc. At least that would be an understandable reason for what he did. I have no knowledge of that, but I know this was his first trip back in 4 months due to knee surgery. He has a reputation/history of throwiing F/A's off the aircraft on a whim. Last year he threw someone off (on the ground) for not shaking his hand! This fact is documented.
Face it Rainboe and the rest of you who take up for this captain. I applaud you for your loyalty but sometimes that loyalty can be misplaced. Just as there are Flight Attendants that shouldn't be flying there are pilots that shouldn't be flying. For those of you who talk about "Jurassic Park" F/A's...I'll take them any day as they have the experience and knowledge to get me off an airplane should there be a need. While I don't have near the senority of our Purser, I do hope I can aquire her skill. I do know she comes with nothing but an outstanding reputation that she earned over years of service. The captain comes with a tarnished reputation that he also earned. It's time for you "dinosaur" pilots to come into this century and realize that you do not get respect just because you're in the left seat...YOU MUST EARN IT...just like the rest of us.