PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 06:16
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines in Financial Taters

There is a very good reason why passengers avoid US Airlines and flock to Cathay, Singapore, British Airways etc..

And one of the main reasons why US Airlines are in financial tatters.
Hmmm interesting analogy, trying to look up and see which airline is not in financial tatters at the moment including most noteably BA as mentioned.

That said some airlines do have the liberty of retiring F/A at 26 years of age and some do not, so if this is counted as service, well I have seen some real class acts on the airlines mentioned above and would not hold that as the sole reason for a demise of an airline. Personally I find nothing wrong with US airlines F/A. Infact some of them have a great sense of humor to lighten up situations.

That said passengers nowadays share equal blame for some of the resultant attitude they give F/A and ground staff. After all we are now liviing in an era of instant gratification and no less is acceptable to all, including captains, FA, passengers, and internet junkies too!

I think the issue lies more in the times we live in where we all are under pressure and a cloud over our heads.